Split, a Croatian city located on the coast of the Adriatic Sea, is a popular destination for young professionals looking to sail and experience the beauty of the Croatian coast. Much larger in population than Dubrovnik, Split has around 175,000 people.
One of the best ways to experience Split is by joining a sail Croatia trip, which allows you to visit a variety of picturesque towns and islands while enjoying the freedom and excitement of sailing. Many sail Croatia companies offer trips specifically tailored towards young professionals, with a mix of adventure and relaxation.
While visiting Split, be sure to explore the city’s historic center, located within the walls of the Diocletian’s Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The palace is home to a variety of restaurants, cafes, and shops, and is a great place to experience the city’s vibrant atmosphere.
Other highlights of Split include Marjan Hill, a park located just outside of the city center, known for its stunning views and hiking trails. The city is also home to several beautiful beaches, such as Bačvice Beach and Bene Beach, which offer a chance to relax and soak up the sun. But if you like there beaches, you should check out the beaches in Brač.
In addition to sailing and relaxing on the beaches, there are also several outdoor activities to enjoy in the Split area, such as hiking, diving, and cycling.
Overall, Split is a fantastic destination for young professionals looking to sail and experience.
Here are some recommended places to visit in Split:
- Diocletian’s Palace: A UNESCO World Heritage site located in the center of the city, home to a variety of restaurants, cafes, and shops.
- Marjan Hill: A park located just outside of the city center, known for its stunning views and hiking trails.
- Bačvice Beach: A popular pebble beach located in the city center.
- Bene Beach: A beautiful pebble beach located a short distance from the city center.
- Riva: The main promenade in the city, lined with restaurants, cafes, and shops.
- Split City Museum: Located within the walls of the Diocletian’s Palace, this museum offers a chance to learn about the city’s history and culture.
- Hiking trails: The surrounding area has several trails that offer stunning views of the coast and the opportunity to explore the region’s natural beauty.
- Diving spots: The clear waters around Split offer excellent diving opportunities, with a variety of marine life and underwater caves to explore.
- Cycling routes: The area has several cycling routes that take you through picturesque villages and offer stunning views of the coast.